KakiDIY was invited to exhibit in the 2014 Penang Mini Maker Faire. An article was written ahead of the show introducing KakiDIY to the the faire : http://makerfairepenang.com/2014/10/28/recycle-reduce-and-reuse-the-kakidiy-way/
We were honoured to be there and we brought lots to show and tell.
Among the items were :
Automated Photobooth, that will capture your picture, tag it, caption it and upload them to Facebook using Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi music streaming server that was serving music to the booth the whole event.
DIY-able Items from mostly recycled items. All of them available on our Facebook posts.
– DIY Google Cardboard
– DIY Coin Box (From used air freshener)
– DIY Painted Shoe
– DIY Creative Clock
– DIY Stationary Holder (From Coffee paper cups)
– DIY Cable Organiser (From Lego)
– DIY Mini Rack (From used Box)
– DIY Lego Signboard
– DIY Melted Crayon Art
– DIY Soft toys from socks
– DIY Planting pots (From PET bottles)
– DIY Plastic fasterners (From PET bottle caps)
– DIY “wooden” paper basket
– DIY Clippy Name Card holder
– DIY Silica Gel Pouch
– DIY Old clothes into Flowers
– … etc…
And we also setup a sales corner selling some of our DIY products like the ever so HOT SELLING DIY Creative Clock, DIY tools and toolkit.
This was our original booth size and location. But due to overwhelming amount of visitors due to our FREE pandan rose making class, we were forced to expand across the booth to a 2nd booth to cater for the class and the participants.
Here’s a video that was uploaded to YouTube on the event.